Varsity Boys: Christian Eckmann
Varsity Girls: Wendy McAleer
Junior Varsity Boys: Martin DeLa Torre
Junior Varsity Girls: Emily Hixon
SWIM TEAM NEWS : WEEK OF MARCH 23-27, 2015
* Attention all freshmen! Today is when Coach Snyder has to administer the state mandated physical fitness tests.
- Report to the pool on time.
- Bring or wear workout clothes and running shoes for the mile run.
- We will start testing during 6th period and go until we are finished. (Approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours)
- No swimming for you that day.
* Regular swim practice for everyone else with Coach Josh.
- Varsity girls: Ventura County championship preliminaries at Ventura Aquatic Center at 3:00 pm. Bus leaves at 12:30 pm.
- Varsity boys will work out with Coach Josh.
- All other, regular workout.
- Just the opposite of yesterday.
4. Thursday: Finals at Ventura Aquatic Center.
- Junior varsity will work out with Coach Josh.
* Team picture day - Start of 6th period at the pool. Wear your team suit!
- Team pictures will go in the yearbook.
- They will not come back to redo.
- If you miss... Oh well!
- If you want an individual picture, team picture, buddy picture or group picture, put your check or cash in the envelope that coach will pass out next week and give it to the photographer, not the coach!
6. Looking ahead: The week after next is spring break and Coach Josh and Coach Snyder will be conducting workouts every day from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you are in town and not on vacation, be there!
Week of March 16-20, 2015
1. Monday: Regular 6th period practice.
- Varsity boys and girls, get your requests in to coach for what events you want to swim in the following week’s Ventura County swim championships.
2. Tuesday and Thursday: Regular after school practice.
3. Wednesday: Regular 6th period practice with the high school team today.
4. Friday: League meet with Moorpark at Rancho Simi pool – 3:00pm. Everyone come to the pool at regular time, help set up, and break down when it is over.
Timers: anyone with a last name starting with M-Z needs to provide a friend or family member to be a timer. We ALL contribute to running a successful meet.
Week of March 9-13, 2015
1. Don’t forget – Daylight savings time start Saturday Night.
2. Monday – “B” block schedule – Periods 2,4 and 6
3. Tuesday and Thursday – Regular practice after school.
4. Wednesday* - First league swim meet at Camarillo
- Out of class at 12:45 pm
- Bus leaves at 1:00 pm
- Meet starts at 3:00 pm
* You may come home after the meet is over with a parent or sibling only. No friends!
Tell coach on Monday or Tuesday if your parent will be taking you home. Introduce your parent to either coach on Wednesday before you leave.
5. Friday * - First home league meet vs Calabasas.
* Students are NOT in school that day. You are still responsible for competing in the meet.
-All team members report to Rancho pool by 12:45 to help set up for meet.
* - Team members with last names: A to M will be responsible for supplying one family member or friend to be a timer for the entire meet.
* - If you don’t provide a timer, then you will be assigned to be a timer except for when you swim your events.
** - Everyone is responsible for staying until the entire meet is over and then helping to clean up and put all equipment away. There will be consequences for those who don’t stay.
** Athletes and parents: This is the start of the actual 2015 season. Our goal is to the best you can and help your team achieve a championship. Remember, while swimming has individual event components, you are all part of our team. Let’s all realize this and do your best to contribute in every way to our team’s success. Good luck! Go Royal!